Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I can tell it has a crush on me


the house on Princess
in Dallas
i am coaching football
the neighbor next door
has a dinosaur for a pet
in disguise
tells people it is a great dane
found it when it was a baby
it is kind of a serpent / brachiosaurus
has the ability to change its size
from huge to small
I am in the backyard
looking at the pool
which has been drained
by one of my mother's best friends
in an attempt to fix it
but I believe it is making it worse
not the sides of the pool are falling apart
I walk around the dismantled fence
the neighbor is out on the side yard
which is now water
I see a huge swell
and the dinosaur
leaps out to see me
I laugh and greet it
I can tell it has a crush on me
wow, the neighbor says, she really likes you
she follows me to the front
trying to flirt with me
i tell the neighbor that she hasn't been imprinted
that she needs direction
someone to show her
how to do the things dinosaurs do
then I head inside the house
and get ready to go to a party before the game