Monday, April 19, 2010

Projecting psychedelic religious symbols


an employee meeting
at the bar after the old bar
I keep having to leave
to attend to other issues
upsetting the president
of the company
I am trying to meet up
with a girlfriend before my ex-wife
where we are
is an old filling station
convenience store
she comes in with a friend
I get up to help her
leaving the meeting
she acts cold to me
leaves
then calls on the phone
I leave the meeting again
when I return
I ask what it was about
the president of the company
tells me they need to decide
whether or not
they are going to carry
sun-tan lotion
I tell them it is ridiculous
everyone has suns-tan lotion
everyone leaves except
one co-worker
he tells me he need me to help him
to work as a bodyguard
to the President of the United States
Obama
not Secret Service
taken off the street
so that we would not be suspected
by the terrorists
in a small one story house
in a run-down part of town
Obama takes me into the backyard
gives me an object in an ornate box
tells me to keep it safe
then he leaves
to attend the engagement
I am waiting with another agent
in the backyard
a call comes through
that the POTUS is coming back now
there was a problem
the guy I am with is nervous
we are sitting on lawn-chairs
in the front yard
it is night
no one around
unusually quiet
I take the box Obama gave me
place it on top of some books
on a shelf inside
return outside
high-tech helicopters
are flying around
with search lights
moving up down and backwards
as fast as cursors
on a computer screen
projecting psychedelic religious symbols
on the clouds above
and building
there are two of them
the blades thump and cut
dust and debris fill the air
apocalyptic
I am thinking about the object
that Obama gave me
wondering if it is safe
on the shelf of books