Wednesday, April 7, 2010

That makes it easy to lose your footing


Extremely fragmentary:

at Inwood
the new house
dusk or dark
something is out there
in the woods
memories in the dream
of another incident
where a murderer
or perhaps an insane man
was attempting to kill someone
on the front lawn
me realizing in the dream now
how there is a falloff
in the lawn
that makes it easy to lose your footing
how he was caught
I am out there now
there is a car
floating above me
like a hot air balloon
I am trying to load lugage into it
the door is still to high
trying to get the car down
it is a summer night
and the world is full
of possibililties

much more to it
but I cannot remember
when I awoke
it felt as if I had had
an auspicious dream

something reminded me
of the flatworm dream
a lurking horror
around the potentials
of transformation