Friday, January 4, 2019

I really don't know why I went in to the Hole in the first place


in Austin
around the Hole in the Wall
and the Showdown
Bellingham people there also
sees as if I am talking to JGM
in the dream
I am telling her a story
feels like I am embellishing
about walking behind he Hole
and sensing the presence of Lawrence's ghost
almost feels like
he is going to step out of the shadows
I say to her
when the truth is
that when I walked passed
those dark places
there was nothing
I thought of him
but there was no presence
in front of the Hole
in the daytime
summer
a crowd gathered in front
DR is there
she is working tonight
but is also waiting to go in
Someone mentions
that SG from Bellingham is there
I am standing next to a bus stop
there is an advertisement
a photograph of a woman
someone point it out to me
then points her out
there in crowd
the woman walks over
smiles in acknowledgment
I tell her
that's good likeness
I go into the Hole
a crowd of people
I don't know
lots of young kids
grade school
like a YMCA camp
I see SG at a table
with other Bellingham people
I think they will all
be surprised to see me
and will make a thing of it
but no one gets up
SG gives me a nod
no one really cares
if I am here or not
I really don't know
why I went in to the Hole
in the first place