Friday, January 25, 2019

That arcing splotch of sticky white goo


in a living room with JGM
I am working on my laptop
in a chair in the corner
she is across the room from me
I am also watching a big screen
with a lot of high tech gauges
JGM and I are talking
I set my laptop down
beside the chair
go off and do something
when I come back
there is a dull white wax
all over the keyboard and screen
there is also a lot of wax
on the big screen
I am upset
I cannot figure out
how this happened
JGM is not concerned
for a minute
I think she had something
to do with it
but then I see a small candle
beside the chair
it's the only explanation
somehow the candle spilled wax
all over the laptop
I must have knocked
the laptop against it
and then unknowingly
slung it over the big screen
I have no idea
how I am going to get it off
adding to my frustration
is that the wax has ruined
the newness of the laptop
I know that even if I find some way
to peel it off
there will still be traces
that will always remain
that arcing splotch of sticky white goo
will always remain
however ghostly
upon the laptop