Saturday, December 5, 2015

There is an odd song that starts playing


many mornings I wake up
trying to deliberately keep my mind idle
to recollect fragments from dreams
imagine a quiet sanctuary
where the thoughts of the day
are like a bunch of sleeping dogs
who you know will be at the side of the bed
begging to be attended to
at the fist sign of consciousness
almost always in this idling state of consciousness
there is an odd song that starts playing
usually some execrable piece of pop fluff
that I wish I wasn't listening to
this has gone on for many years
an odd quirk of my brain
anyway
i thought i might keep a record of them
along with the dreams
song of the day
(and here I had to look up the title
because I mainly am hearing the melody
with bits and pieces of the words)
meow meow like a ship on the ocean
we are meow meow in the meow meow
full of love and devotion
is what I hear with all of the music
and backing vocals
So the song
is by the Hues Corporation
called Rock The Boat
actually goes:

Our love is like a ship on the ocean
We've been sailing with a cargo full of love and devotion
So I'd like to know where, you got the notion
Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion
To rock the boat, don't rock the boat, baby
Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over
Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby
Rock the bo-o-o-oat