Friday, December 11, 2015

Left in the graveyard with the man they killed


an extremely active night of dreaming
memories of several dreams
and dreaming in response to dreams
periodic lucidity throughout

first dream
was of a man that died
father figure
respected man
was with a woman
perhaps his daughter
some suspicion
surrounding the events
of his death
the daughter confiding in me
while I am wondering
if I did it and
do not remember

the next dream is an alibi
for the first
wondering if I killed this man
in one dream
led me to fabricate
an alibi
for where I was when he died
note this is the same timeline
I went back in time
in the timeline of the first dream
to recreate where I was
and what I was doing
and this seemed to me
just an active process of remembering
but remembering in a dream
events that may or may not have been dreamed
creates its own dream

the sense the following dreams
are elaborations of this alibi

then I am in small
cluttered apartment
similar to east 52nd in Austin
with a woman
we are lovers or friends
perhaps the daughter
of the man who was killed
sepia tone
coming in from the blinds
just outside the window
is a lot of activity
neighbors moving
or having a lot of family over
we are in a messy bedroom
perhaps we had been doing drugs
I mention
I want to have sex
and the woman
sort of fake reluctant
but agrees
goes to get a giant dildo
I think in my head
that's not what I want
now it is also clear
she is involved with someone else
she uses the dildo on him
it is covered in his excrement
she is washing it off in the bathroom
while I am searching for drugs
that were in a pile
of packages and wrappers
but I don't find the drugs
and the woman
says she can't get the stains
off the dildo

in the next dream
I am in an old camaro
with a detective
who is investigating the murder
we are following a bus
this is a futuristic bus
that has the capacity
to drive itself
although someone is driving it now
it is patched up and
has been repaired many times
something out of science fiction
he knows the criminals
are on the bus
at a stoplight
we get out
reprogram the bus
on a pad inside a door
on the back of the outside of the bus
the bus is rolling to leave
and we open a door
and hop on
as if we are passengers
now I am alone
and I am the detective
the driver knows
what I look like
but I am sitting funny
to throw him off
with my legs to the side of me
pulled up in the seat
but it is still clear
he knows who I am
and we are playing
at not knowing each other
for the moment
one of the criminals
notes that the bus is
going off route
we go into a graveyard
there is a funeral
for a boy who was burned
many of the gravestones
have burn marks on them
burned angels
the bus stops
in front of a recent grave
it the grave of the old man
the criminals were responsible
for his death
I get out
and now the detective
is separate from me again
the old camaro is there
and a ghoulish groundskeeper
who is pretending to sweep up dirt
he smiles at me conspiratorially
the car starts automatically
and the detective and I get in
and drive away
much to the dismay of the criminals
who too late realize
they have been left
in the graveyard with the man they killed