Saturday, December 5, 2015

The unexpected turn


complicated time travel scenarios
fleeting memory
of only the most trivial aspects
with a group
perhaps a family
of time travelers
but trying to blend into
the current world
working for an organization
in the future
which sends back agents
to effect change
to avert disasters
to prevent critical moments
moments in which history turned
unexpectedly
I am meeting with a group
of non-time travelers
and receive a message from an accomplice
tellling me that one of the group
knows I am a time traveler
perhaps they are another agent
from a rival organization
from a more distant future
from another thread of time
that is working to prevent me
from altering the future
I am suddenly aware that
I am now the critical factor
that  must be stopped
from trying to stop
the unexpected turn