Thursday, December 10, 2015

I am remembering a dream as part of another dream


I am in Tibet
with a woman
who is not unfamiliar to me
an amalgam of several women
we decide to go our separate ways
during the course of a day
I decide to walk up to a temple
where I have been before
I begin to walk along a path
that is beside a road
soon the path
diverges further from the road
and becomes more rugged
however it is clear
the path is well-worn
and I figure the local population
must walk up it often
I see what I believe to be quartz
embedded in rich veins in the earth
I think about grabbing some
to show to the woman
but then decide not to
I continue upward
the way is becoming
more and more steep
at one point
it so steep
almost vertical
I am fearful
and think about turning back
but then to the left side
I see another well-worn path
that is manageable
soon I am on a concrete walkway
and going past a school
walking into a small village
where I have been recently
I recognize an open park area
with a concrete basketball court
and a cafe on the other side
as I approach
there is a man dancing
whirling like a dervish
with another woman
while an older woman watches
with obvious lust
pumping her hips obscenely
while she watches the man
I move on the to cafe
where I am given a set of photographs
of others who are going to the temple
one of is of
a man and woman with their heads
in a tube like leather bag
the bag is sealed up around their necks
I am told they are eating a cat
the other photographs are of
men and women in a variety to
bizarre sexual acts
most of the photos are sepia
from a long time ago
I find some drugs
and a little brown bottle
and am trying to use them
but the bottle falls over
and the drugs keep getting misplaced
then I remember the temple
and start walking up to it again
in this moment
I became aware
I am dreaming
there is a wave of pleasure
washing through my body like tides
I work to remember the dream
going back over the sequence of events
and understanding the meaning
this excites me
and I think about waking up
to write it all down
but know I will remember it
I can sense my memory
having fixed the elements and sequence
setting them into a place
where I will be able to find them when I awake
a short time later
I am dreaming another dream
and thinking about remembering it
when I remember the previous dream
about walking to the temple
has already been set aside
I recall it while I am dreaming
going back over it again
and then realize
I am remembering a dream
as part of another dream
another wave of pleasure
surges through me