Sunday, December 6, 2015

The unconcealed radiance of being


Walking with friends
morphing between male friends
and J___
they are moving out
or moving in
to a fluid house
walking up a hill
with a rough path
through abandoned houses
graveyards and weird totems
I am asked
if I remember
having come this way before
at first I do not
I am told
we are heading to a historical house
where one of the Kennedys once lived
Teddy Roosevelt's cannons
are out in front
and then I seem to remember
we are now approaching a row of houses
vacant and empty
post-apocalyptic
we have to cross a small ravine
above it is a mesh walkway
made by ancient peoples
it is covered in dried leaves
and small bones and skulls
it sits just a few feet above the ground
but evidently worked as a form of protection
the Smithsonian is trying to preserve it
so we are walking carefully over it
marking where the stones are underneath
that we can step on them
and not break through
now inside a house
with a group of women
friends of J___
there are people coming and going
I still don't know what she is doing
shift to one of the girl's homes
her family is wealthy
and they are remodeling the place
one of the workers is preparing a room
he is an old man
and works all night
sleeping occasionally on the floor
the other girls are concerned
I left my new convertible
outside in the rain with the top down
I figure it will just break it in
a moving van is arriving
I am in back
helping it to park
I am trying to read a license plate
certificate on the back
half covered in soot from exhaust
maybe it is in Greek
ALETHEIA
this doesn't make sense
to me in the dream
but I know
I am on the verge of awakening
I want to remember the dream
and as I awaken
thinking about the other parts of the dream
I hear myself saying over and over
like a chant
aletheia aletheia aletheia
and I think
the unconcealed radiance of being